Welcome to the Encounter Family!
Encounter has several names that will be used throughout this website – and our documents. Encounter, Encounter the Gospel of Life, Encounter Service Camp, EGL….. whatever the name – we are all one and hope you enjoy being a part of our vision and mission to help young people become leaders, grow in their faith, and empower them to serve others for a lifetime.
A few key things to note about Encounter:
Encounter is an independent non-profit organization under 501c-3
- Encounter serves primarily at DC Metro area non-profits
- Encounter participants are primarily from the Archdiocese of Washington and Baltimore, though we welcome parishes/groups from anywhere
- Encounter is primarily an ALL VOLUNTEER program – most staff and all board members are volunteer
- Encounter Service Camp is once a year, in mid July
- Encounter offers other events such as rallies, retreats, service days and more through out the year to continue the mission.
Encounter Service Camp is generally in mid July, at the University of Maryland. Group Reservations will open February of that same year, email the director if you wish to submit your groups reservation for more information. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that parish/group leaders understand the expectations before submitting applications.
Please be sure to read all of the Encounter the Gospel of Life Manual information before moving to register online. The Manual provides comprehensive information about the current Encounter program, and can provide valuable information about how to best prepare your parish/group for participation. The Participant and Registration documents are brief but complete in their details on those procedures. The Group Reservation Form is necessary prior to individual registration for Encounter; please check back later in the year for next summer’s information. All of these documents can be found on the Documents and Forms page.Documents and Forms