Service is at the very core of our Encounter Service Camp experience. Most participants say that their time out at the service sites were, at times, both the most challenging and most rewarding parts of Encounter. At our sites, we hope to really get to know the people we serve. Yes we want to serve, but we also know that the people we hope to serve have great value and dignity and we have much to learn from them as well.
You can also access our current year’s sites found on our Documents and Forms page which has more details about each site.
In most every case, we need service sites that are:
- Available Monday to Thursday from about 9 am-3pm AND Friday, from about 9 am-noon.
- Possible to get to by metro, shuttle, or car – onsite parking, and are generally no more than 1/2 hour travel time away from our host site.
- Direct-Relational Service -working WITH the folks we serve.
- Safe and appropriate, along with clear instructions and accountability so that we know who we report to and what we should be doing.
- Appropriate for 9-12 graders with their adult supervision. We are generally in groups of about a dozen, but this can be quite flexible.
- Advance notice if there are any special vaccines, medical or training issues, extensive orientation procedures, safety issues, age restrictions, necessary for our participation.
For all sites that we will work with each summer – please use the link above to enter your contact information